Saturday, June 21, 2008

I'm up to two packs a day


Well, the cigarette smoke continues to waft up thru the living room floor. It's HORRIBLE. Cannot stress that enough. The Valley has been a true toaster OVEN for over a week now. It never cools down not even overnight. Got up at dawn today and collected my coworker (a very athletic lady) and we went up to a local park to hike while it was "only" in the 70s at 6 a.m. Saw so many little white cotton-tailed bunnies! Wonderful to see all those bunnies. We were leaving the park just after 7 and that's when the masses of dog walkers were just arriving--way too late for that. It was already about 80 degrees. I took another walk round campus tonight after dark and it had to be 90 outside. If ONLY we had a ceiling fan in here, that MIGHT help disperse (right word?) some of the cigarette smoke. I live in a big ashtray and I HATE it. Have I mentioned how much I hate cigarette smoke? Been watching a lot of Spanish language TV lately, despite barely understanding a word. I swear they talk twice as fast I did at the peak of my spaziness (spazziness?) Have become addicted to a telenovela called "Sin Senos No Hay Paraiso" --and it seems to me paradise should have a d in it in both languages but it doesn't! It's a Telemundo remake of a Colombian soap of the same name, only it's really called "Sin Tetas" and yes, that means what you think. They changed it to the milder "senos" for the remake. The lead character is named Catalina and they say her name 20 times per minute. The guy who plays her boyfriend is HOT, some Colombian actor called Fabian Rios, who is NOT all over the Internet, much to my dismay. Here's a pic of the lovely couple.

The show is maybe over the top and maybe sadly based on some reality in Colombia-- a young girl wants to live the wealthy party set lifestyle and tries to do it as a drug dealers' party girl, only her chest isn't big enough for their taste. No lie. So she's desperate to get implants. Yes, that is the plot. I KNOW there's truth in it though. Oscar, the Colombian member of the former Latin gang, told me --when I asked if I could fit in in Colombia--that I would have to have some surgery first. He said all the chiquitas down there have had huge implants. Tragic. He got mad if you made jokes about Colombia being all about drug dealing though (but it's TRUE!) The woman who plays the mom on the show is NOT old enough to be her mom, and has a HUGE rack that is on full display all the time. It's very distracting, and no wonder the daughter would feel obliged to seek surgery! And her mom has her eye on the boyfriend... who had a NASTY scene where he was, um, "holding" a pair of mama's knickers in the bathroom. Ewwwwwwww. But now I need to find other shows that Latin Hot Stuff is in, especially any where he has a lot of shower scenes.

1 comment:

CMURB said...

I think that was maybe TMI. Why do you think people need to know all about your hatred for cigarette smoke? Leave something to the imagination.